Florida Hardest Hit Down Payment Assistance in Jacksonville Florida
So you’re wanting to buy a house and wonder of there’s any chance at all to get some help with the down payment and closing cost? You may qualify for the Florida Hardest Hit DP assistance program.
- $15,000 for down payment and closing cost assistance with a 5 year deferred 2nd mortgage forgiven at a rate of 20% per year.
- Must be first time homebuyer; except for veterans.
- FHA and VA financing.
- Combined household income cannot exceed $69,176. for families of 1-2 or $79,552. for families
3+. Combined income adds the combined annual income of all family members aged 18 or
over regardless if they are on the loan or not (limit may increase if the property is in a Federally
Designated Targeted area).
- Purchase price cannot exceed $298,192. Higher limits available if the property is in a Federally Designated Targeted area.
- DTI cannot exceed 45%.
- 640 middle credit score required for all borrower(s).
- Interest rate typically higher than regular FHA and VA rates. Call for a quote today.
- No co-signers.
- Borrowers must attend an approved buyer’s education course.
(Information deeded to be correct but not guaranteed)
I want to point out the first bullet point above. Just to make it clear, ever year that goes by, 20% of the assistance you used goes away, and after 5 years it’s done. That is a pretty sweet deal! You’re probably thinking, what’s next right? The next step is to speak to a lender who is experienced in this program. Feel free to email me at email@example.com, call or text me 904-910-3516 and I can get you in touch with lenders who know this program.
In the meantime, the search for homes below is for homes that qualify for this program: